Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Mother"- Written by: L. Vasquez

I can’t thank you enough for this gift called life
You fed me and clothed me; taught me right from wrong
You blessed me with the opportunity to be a mother and a wife
There is so much about you that I admire, I may of never told you
I love that you’re about your kids; supportive in everything we do
Things may go left but you’re always right beside me
Through thick and thin mama you never left me solo
You wiped away my tears and you held my hand when things got scary
You were always two steps ahead like a visionary


There’s a lot to be said about a mother, because she is your mother and compares to no other
Diamonds and pearls and material things can’t take her place
I know for a fact cause my mama shines brighter then a million jewels put together
She shines even brighter with a smile upon her face

You and I have had to lean on eachother when we got stuck between a rock and a hard place
I always thought of you as fearless, somehow impermeable to lifes low blows
You weren’t afraid to show me that you cry too, up until then I didn’t know that side of you
You were always jokes and laughs trying to make light of any issues
That in turn gave me a higher respect for you
You are my super hero who fly’s higher then anybody out there
We don’t just keep it moving; we keep it light speed ahead- Cruising


keepitFUNKY(c)

'gia

No comments: