Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Lost Letter"- Written by: L. Vasquez

Dear Friend,

Where did you go? - I do not know
Are you doing well? - I sure hope so
Sometimes when im alone I sit and wonder about where you're at
Are you safe out there, are you happy?
It’s been a few years now since I’ve seen your face and smile
Sometimes I wonder how things could be if we still kept in touch, if you had stayed.
Deep down I really miss you so I think about something else.

It hurts too much to not see you here, a part of my life.
I always admired you for your strength; we battled cancer, emotional abuse and life’s tribulations.
Ask me for anything and I'll say "yes" with no hesitation.
You were the one I could run to when things got tough and I felt out of touch with the world.
You were my best-friend, my go-to girl.
You let me cry myself out and crash at your home when I needed a place to stay.
Reassured me that with gods helping hands I would make it out okay.
To this day I can’t thank you enough for all you did for me.
Im just sorry we became so distant due to distant places and changing faces.
Certain people are placed in your life at just the right time and fade in and out like seasons.
They are God’s angels that help light your way, and sometimes you help each other shine brighter.


P.S- I miss you


KeepitFUNKY(c)
‘gia

No comments: